Creativity Scrapbook

This is not really a diary, but rather and accumulation of art, whether it be painting, poetry, sewing, photography or any other creative endeavour of mine... though it may occasionally contain some stuff I've been thinking... If you are interested in buying an original or a print or commissioning art, feel free to contact me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

I love painting, photography, children and nature. If you would like to visit my Facebook page, it is Keryn Bloxham Artist. Or simply Google Keryn Bloxham :) I hope you enjoy reading through the blogs here. For other artists I sometimes include a few tips which I hope you find helpful when creating your own art :) Keryn

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Self Portrait

I have never really painted faces or people before, but after painting Psalm 45 I decided it was something I definitely wanted to become better at, especially with colour and tone, so looked up some helpful hints online and decided to practice on myself.
.
So this is my first self portrait, done from a photo, with oils on stretched canvas on the 19th and 20th of March 2009.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Pete said...

The online picture doesn't do justice to just how AWESOME this picture is in real life! I literally thought I was looking at a photo - you're extremely talented Keryn!

2:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING Kez- so life like. So bummed I won't be able to make your exhibition :( - Angie Taylor

7:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good but i was also unable to reach exhibition.

1:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keryn, just stumbled upon your blog when I googled "PSALM 45" images - just want to say that your work is absolutely stunning! I see such a pure heart portrayed through your art. Amazing. The Lord is on such a journey with me regarding Psalm 45, and I was wondering if I could buy a copy of your painting (preferably on canvas) somehow. Hope to hear from you. Judike (South-Africa)(judike@rethamcpherson.com)

10:03 pm  
Blogger Keryn Bloxham said...

Hey I have posted some of the paintings from my exhibition on my facebook page, and eventually they will make their way up here too.. see http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=172115&id=567802803&l=51837dd8e2

3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home